Latest News

Sep
2011

'Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy' Book Signing Tour Announced

LEGENDARY ROCK ICON AND NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF ‘I AM OZZY’ RETURNS TO EMBRACE HIS STATUS AS A MEDICAL MARVEL WITH

BOOK SIGNINGS SET TO COINCIDE WITH OCTOBER 11 RELEASE

Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy

Based on his ongoing, hilarious Rolling Stone column, TRUST ME, I’M DR. OZZY: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor by OZZY OSBOURNE with Chris Ayres finds the Prince of Darkness telling incredible stories not found in his memoir, offering advice that no human should follow, and shedding light on his seemingly superhuman ability to stay alive.

Wondering if science could perhaps explain how he survived his 40-year avalanche of drugs and alcohol, OZZY OSBOURNE decided to have his DNA mapped in 2010. The “Full OZZY Genome” contained variants that scientists had never before encountered. In fact, the findings made headlines around the world and even led to OZZY hosting a prestigious TED conference. This was the genesis of the columns OZZY has since been writing for Rolling Stone in the US and The Sunday Times in the UK. Through reader-submitted medical and lifestyle questions, OZZY digs deep into his murky past, searching for “pearls of wisdom.”

TRUST ME, I'M DR. OZZY will include some of the best material from Rolling Stone, as well as longer memoir-style survival stories that OZZY has remembered since writing I AM OZZY, his answers to celebrities’ medical questions, charts and sidebars, and much more. Part humor, part memoir, and part bad advice, the best way to describe this book is 100% pure OZZY.

PRAISE for I Am OZZY

“Horrific, fascinating, and often hilarious…One of the most amazing rock autobiographies of all time; highly recommended.”
--STARRED LIBRARY JOURNAL

“Perfect...here it all is, in vivid as-told-to prose, an identity and its roots…”
--SLATE

“…OZZY OSBOURNE’s stumbling, rambling, decadent-beyond-recognition memoir, as over-the-top as the author himself. The book would be heartbreaking if it weren’t so hilarious.”
--THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Sacramento, CA

Saturday October 22, 3:00 PM
Booksmith with Amoeba Music

1644 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA

Did You Know?

OZZY OSBOURNE was born in Aston, Birmingham. He has sold over a hundred million records both with Black Sabbath and as a Grammy Award-winning solo artist.

Book It!

TRUST ME, I’M DR. OZZY: Advice from Rock's Ultimate Survivor
Publisher: Grand Central
ISBN-13: 978-1-4555-0333-9
Price: $26.99/Hardcover
Release: October 11, 2011
AttachmentSize
110919_drozzy_book.jpg164.64 KB
back to latest news

Comments

A Big Teddy Bear he is- I know, for I just met him last Sat. :10-15-11 at a LA book signing on his latest released book- "Trust Me, I'm Doctor Ozzy!!" We shared a 5 min. convo. together!!! He's everything I thought him to be and more-in my 40 yrs. He is a genuinely compassionate man-a lot of ppl could learn from! He expressed his sincere sorrow, in my Mother's recent passing on 09/02/11 and extended his right hand to shake mine. It was so important for me to meet him, for out of all my siblings (5) (all of which, he autographed his book for- to bring home to VA) along side with my late Mother whom suffered a heart attack at the tender age of 68- he not only has been a true "inspiration" to my family-but after having met him and learning of him first hand as a "person" he has inspired me *further to start a non-profit charity business throughout the greater Los Angeles area to assist in helping those heal through the stars. With my husband and I-Our mission and name will stand behind the epitome of the gift he gave to me- to attempt & succeed to fascilitate this same reaction and "TOUCH" to so many other with various stars!!! Look for the name- as well as our web site that is within the building- upon stages & site should be complete in 2-3 weeks @:www.starlitwishes.com "Once again-thanks Ozzy, for ALL you do as an amazing individual whom does so much for people at-whole!!!" We LOVE Y <3 U!!! I can only HOPE that he somehow learns wave of this , special comment.

Can we buy the book before we come? Or do we have to wait until we get there? Please advise.

Will the books be available to buy at the time we meet Ozzy? I know when my sister met former President George W. Bush, she had to get a pass prior to the signing and also had to purchase the book at the same time, then had to go back later on to meet and get his signature. What do we have to do? When is the best time to get there? ---Jett :)

I hope more tour dates for the U.S. book signing tour will be announced. I really want to meet Ozzy Osbourne!