Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding its territories and possessions), Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia (“Contest Territories”). Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the Contest Territories.
1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the Contest Territories who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants who are Canadian residents under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside as of the date of entry are eligible to win provided that the entrant’s parent or legal guardian accepts the prize on his or her behalf. Void outside of the Contest Territories, and where prohibited, including, but not limited to, the province of Quebec, and where taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of Sony Music Entertainment (“Sponsor”), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Enter. The Contest will begin on June 10, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. ET and will end on June 17, 2011 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Research Period”). To enter the Contest, visit http://www.ozzy.com/madmanblizzardcontest (“Site”) during the Research Period to receive ten (10) questions about Ozzy which entrants must find the answers to during the Research Period (“Questions”). Once the Research Period is over, visit the Site between 12:00 p.m. ET and 11:59:59 p.m. on June 20, 2011 (“Submission Period”) and complete the Contest submission form. A valid entry will consist of as many answers you were able to obtain during the Research Period, given in the order the Questions were posted on the Site, along with your full name and email address.
Only one entry per person. If multiple entries are received by the same entrant, such entrant shall be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Winner Selection On or about June 22, 2011, from all eligible entries received, the six (6) Winners, including one (1) grand prize Winner, will be determined initially by the greatest number of correct answers to the Questions and then in the order the entries were received. The winner will be notified via email, and if a winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall be awarded:
- 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition of Ozzy Ozbourne’s Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz. Five (5) First Place Winner shall be awarded:
- Legacy Edition of Diary of a Madman and Blizzard of Ozz
Winners must be at least thirteen (13) years old as of June 10, 2011. If Winner is under the age of majority in the state, province or country in which he or she resides, then such individual must obtain permission from his or her parent or legal guardian in order to accept the prize.. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions provided that the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part for a prize of equal or greater value in the event that any component of the Prize is unavailable for any reason. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.
Approximate combined retail value of all prizes is One Hundred Eighty Dollars ($180.00) which may vary depending on travel itinerary and costs of air transportation at time of award. The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
The winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If the winners reject their prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prizes will be forfeited and alternate winners may be selected. The grand prize winner’s accompanying guest must also sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as Sponsor may specify. If any of the winners are under the age of majority, the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release must be signed and submitted by their parent or legal guardian.
5. Conditions. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in this Contest and acceptance of prizes constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by the winners and the grand prize winner’s travel companion regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winners, and the grand prize winner’s travel companion agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded including, but not limited to due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
6. Additional Terms. In the case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTESTMAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winner Identification. To obtain a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 15, 2011 to: Sony Music Entertainment, CMG, Rm. 1772, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022, Attention: “Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition” Contest Winners’ List.
9. Sponsor. Sony Music Entertainment, 550 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10022.